1. Partner pairings will be held at 7:00pm (Gander Mountain - Tonawanda, NY) on the Wednesday prior to
2. Members not attending the draw must contact a Tournament Committee Member by 6:00pm the day of the draw with their
pre-paid coupon number. Messages may not be left.
3. If any boater(s) prefers to be paired with a non-
boater, they will be moved up to the front of the draw until all non-boaters are placed. Any remaining
non-boaters will be put back into the draw as well as already paired boater(s)/non-boaters to determine
4. A random draw will pair boaters with non-boaters. Once all non-boaters are drawn the remaining boaters will be drawn
for placement and fish alone. A boater may fish any tournament as a non-boater upon their request.
5. Launch order shall be the same sequence as the pairings draw. The last drawn boater will act as the starter boat
for that tournament.
6. Prepaid tournament coupons are available to purchase. The coupon’s number must be given to a Tournament
Committee Member before 6:00pm on the day of the draw.
A boater is allowed to take a guest only, if at the conclusion of the draw, that boater has not drawn a non-boater partner.
A guest is only responsible for any non-boater fee that may be applicable. Guests must be 16 years of age or
older and hold a valid New York State fishing license.
1. All tournaments will follow New York State (applicable state) size and creel limits.
2. All local laws and speed limits are to be observed.
3. Anglers must hold a Canadian fishing license and follow Canadian fishing regulations when fishing
in Canadian water. However, anglers may operate their boat and transport fish through Canadian water without a Canadian
license. (see #15 under "general")
1. Help your partner launch and retrieve his boat. Clean up after yourself!
2. Respect your partner’s boat and equipment. Remember to return anything borrowed.
3. Clean your feet before boarding a boat. Be mindful of drinks, food, cigarettes, fish scents, baits, tackle, etc…
4. Participants may leave the boat at anytime for R&R .
5. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited during the tournament and weigh-in.
6. A non-boater has no right to control the boat at any time.
7. Help your partner land fish when asked to do so.
8. The boater should be courteous to the non-boater regarding the positioning of his boat during each tournament.
9. All anglers will maintain a 25 yard radius between other anglers.
10. ONLY artificial baits will be used during practice and tournaments.
Pork Rind is the ONLY exception.
11. All pre-fishing will end at the stroke of midnight preceding any tournament. Unless otherwise stated.
12. No littering on any body of water will be tolerated.
13. Only one rod may be used per fisherman at any one time.
14. When a partner finds fish, the other partner should hold that spot in confidence and should not try to beat the
partner to that spot at the beginning of the next day.
15. If a boater wants to fish Canadian water during a tournament but draws a non-boater who
does not possess a Canadian fishing license then the non-boater fee of $25 must go towards the purchase of a 1 day Canadian
sport fishing license for the non-boater. It is the non-boaters responsibility to purchase the license after talking to the
boater. If the non-boater shows up to the tournament without a Canadian license they will be disqualified from
the tournament. (tournament can not be culled)
DISQUALIFCATION & PENALTIES:
1. Possession of undersized fish is a direct violation of New York State Fish & Game Laws.
2. Culling a dead fish from your live well for any reason.
3. Failure to use a kill switch on any watercraft equipped with a 35hp. motor or larger.
4. Failure to wear a securely fastened personal flotation device (PFD) whenever the large combustion engine is operating.
5. Failure to return to the designated tournament ending site on-time will result in an 8oz penalty for each minute
late. This penalty will be assessed to the boater and non-boater. Anglers that arrive at a tournament after the launch time
may still fish the remainder of the tournament with out penalty.
6. The use of any electronic communication device is limited to emergency use only.
7. Anyone caught adding to or altering a fish in any manner.
8. The use of any electronic communication device with the intent to send or receive fishing related information is
prohibited during the scheduled tournament hours.
9. The tournament committee, at their discretion, may excuse any competitor at anytime from their tournament obligation.
Absences unexcused by the tournament committee will result in a disqualification and the accompanying 20 point penalty
10. A disqualification will result in a 20 point deduction from the angler’s total accumulated points at the
end of the season.
11. Disqualifications can not be counted as a dropped tournament.
*All infractions and complaints must be brought to the attention of a Tournament Committee Member immediately upon returning
to the boat launch. The Tournament Committee will review the complaint and determine if a violation has occurred and will
render a decision at that time.
* All Tournament Committee decisions are final!
1. Each tournament will end at a specified time per the tournament schedule. At this time, all anglers must be off
plane at the designated sight with all fishing lines out of the water.
2. All anglers should assist in the retrieving of all boats.
3. The weigh-in will be started by the Tournament Committee only.
4. Each participant may weigh-in, the specified limit of bass for that tournament, fulfilling the minimum length requirements
as set forth by New York State fish & game laws.
5. All fish must be brought to the scales in a tournament bag with water. Any fish not brought to the scale in a bag
will not be weighed.
6. All fish must have cull tags removed prior to the weigh-in.
7. A 4oz dead fish penalty will be deducted from the angler’s total weight for that tournament.
8. Each angler’s fish should be weighed in before cleaning/organizing of boat and tackle.
9. Non-surviving fish will be saved for consumption.
1. All fees and cash awards will be determined by the sitting tournament committee.
2. All non-boaters will pay a non-negotiable non-boater fee and 1/2 of the launch fee. This fee should be paid at the
beginning of the tournament day.
3. If car pooling, the passenger will pay for half the gas and half of the thruway tolls.
4. Any competitor not wishing to participate in any extra lunker or special pool must make it known at the beginning
of the tournament day.
1. Individual Tournaments:
1st place Cash award & trophy
2nd place Cash award
3rd place Cash award
2. Point Standings:
1st place Trophy & name on club plaque (Mr. Bass)
2nd place Trophy
3rd place Trophy
Non-boater of the year Trophy
Lunker of the year Trophy
3. Classic tournament:
1st place Trophy & Cash Award
2nd place Trophy
3rd place Trophy
INDIVIDUAL TOURNAMENT POINTS AWARDED:
1st place - 50pts 11thplace -18pts 21stplace - 5pts
2nd place - 44pts 12thplace -16pts 22ndplace - 4pts
3rd place - 39pts 13thplace -14pts 23rdplace - 3pts
4th place - 35pts 14thplace -12pts 24thplace - 2pts
5th place - 32pts 15thplace- 11pts 25thplace - 1pt
6th place - 29pts 16thplace -10pts
7th place - 26pts 17thplace - 9pts
8th place - 24pts 18thplace - 8pts
9th place - 22pts 19thplace - 7pts
10thplace -20pts 20thplace - 6pts
* 4 points will be awarded for the largest bass caught at each tournament. (Lunker)
* Anglers will receive points for the position that they finished in each tournament as long as they have weighed in at least
one legal fish and finished in 25th place or higher.
* No participation points will be awarded at each tournament.
* Mr. Bass will be the angler at the end of the year with the highest point’s total.
* Highest points total will be the best 7 tournaments combined.
In the event of a tie for any aforementioned category the following scheme shall be applied:
1st tiebreaker - Advantage to the angler with the highest total weight for 7 tournaments counted towards points.
2nd tiebreaker - Advantage to the angler with the highest one tournament total weight counted towards points.
Individual and Classic Tournament:
In the event of a tie after a tournament weigh-in, said anglers will be awarded the points of the highest place that
they finish. However, subsequent finish places will be eliminated depending on the number of anglers tied. The classic tournament
tiebreaker will be the angler with the one heaviest fish.
1. Top 12 anglers in the point standings will advance to the WNY Bassmasters Classic Tournament.
2. Boat owners are guaranteed the use of their boat in the Classic. Partners will be drawn from the lowest placing
boater to the highest until all non-boaters are paired.